Let it burn
To get the best performance out of your candle, please follow our care instructions.
Soy has memory, and patience is everything. The way you burn your first light will impact future burns. If you let your candle burn until it covers the entire surface of the glass, a pool of wax will form and set you up for an even and consistent glow, preventing a hole in the candle.
Our vessel glass jars and travellers tins have been manufactured to withstand heat, however it's important to follow our housekeeping instructions below, along with the candle warning labels, and consider using our Maks & Me tools for the ultimate in candle care (you’ll thank us later!).
This will set you up for an even consistent glow that will help prevent tunnelling (hole in the candle).
- Always trim your wick 5mm before each light .This helps to create a calm and gentle flame. If not trimmed, your candle will smoke and encourage a quicker burn due to the “mushroom tip” formed on your wick.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or wind drafts. Both will discolour your candle and it will lose its scent.
- Never burn your candle near anything flammable.
- Always keep the wick centered /aligned . Do not allow the flame to touch the sides of the vessel.
Avoid burning your candle for longer than 2hrs at a time. This helps to prevent a large flame and in some cases your tumbler jar overheating, cracking and shattering. Stop use when close to 15mm of wax remains.
Place the candle on a stable, level, and heat resistant surface.
- Keep away from your little babies and fur babies.
- Never leave your candle unattended.
- Keep in mind: Due to the nature of soy wax it's perfectly normal for the soy wax to change its shade to a murky grey post burns.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN FIRE, HAZARD OR INJURY
Our kraft brown labels are printed on 100% recycled paper. FSC certified, made with paper from well managed forests.
We recommend displaying your candle away from wet areas as this will cause streaking to your label.